CAR PARKS ARE OPEN IN CHOPWELL WOOD. PLEASE DO NOT CAUSE ACCESS PROBLEMS BY PARKING ALONG THE SIDES OF ANY ROADS.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – ALL EVENTS, MEETINGS & VOLUNTEERING ARE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
We’re a group of dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to keep Chopwell Wood a welcoming and safe environment for its visitors and its wildlife. It’s not all litter-picking and Christmas trees! The Friends are involved in all sorts of activities in the Wood. With your support…
- we help deliver educational activities, promoting hands-on learning in a real woodland setting.
- we champion accessibility for all, encouraging sensitive use by the diverse range of visitors to the Wood.
- we run a lively events programme, from bat watching and pond dipping to fungal foraging and green woodcrafting.
- we carry out conservation projects to protect the flora and fauna of the Wood.
- we keep the Wood spick and span, maintaining paths, installing benches, picking litter and more.
- we commission art projects that reflect the heritage of the Wood and enhance the visitor experience.
- we organise the annual Christmas Experience in Chopwell Wood. This is the Friends’ main source of funding.
As the name suggests, we’re a friendly bunch and we’re always pleased to welcome new members and anyone who wants to get involved.